When I wrote a prior blog on the SUNSHINE BLOG AWARD, I had never heard of it before. In that blog post I was excited to have my blog mentioned, but only recently realized it was a nomination! Thanks again to Leanne Cole Photography for nominating this blog for that award.
I researched the Sunshine Blog Awards and could not find the ORIGIN of the award, but I did learn that it is an award for those who bring sunshine to blogging world, “those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. I feel honored to be considered as such.
Rules to Accept the Award:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
2) Answer 10 questions below.
3) Pass the award on to 10 or 12 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
The 10 questions and their answers:
- Favorite color: Red.
- Favorite animal: Toss up between giraffe and elephant.
- Favorite Number: Do not have a fave.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water.
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I tried Twitter but it was too fast for me and I felt I was missing the connections.
- My passion: God and Family.
- Getting or giving presents: I am not a fan of materialism/consumerism, so I tend to encourage my loved ones not to give me gifts. I prefer to give (however I am not very good at gift-buying). I enjoy supporting causes/ministries that my friends and family are involved in.
- Favorite pattern: Stripes, though I never wear them.
- Favorite day of the week: Saturday.
- Favorite flower: Any blooming bulb.
And now for the 10 Blogs I Nominate for the Sunshine Blog Award:
- Leanne Cole Photography: A professional photographer in Australia. Leanne is very open and welcoming and always replies to comments and has commented on my blog as well. I aspire to “practicing photography” as well as she does.
- A Fanciful Twist: I have been reading Vanessa Valencia’s blog for a long time. Photographer, Sculptor, Painter, Writer, Gardener, with a gypsy-Arizona flair. I am nothing like her, yet fascinated by her whimsical world.
- Noisy Pilgrims: A photoblog by engineers, about travel and the Indian city life. I enjoy following blogs from other countries that show me a part of life that I (an un-travelled California-girl) know little about.
- Pictures in Japan: A photoblog archive of a picture a day for 365 days, in Japan. Very well done and enjoyable.
- From Uganda… A Picture A Day: A photoblog of living and working in Uganda. A different look at Africa.
- 365 From the Archive: Travel blog, photo blog, 12 places in 12 months, 1 photo a day. From Mimo Khair Photography. Her Congo series was amazing.
- Focused On Light: Professional Photographer with a lot of great Prince Edward Island Canada photos.
- Paint the Moon Photography: Photoshop Actions and Textures. I do not even own or know how to use photoshop but I love Annie Manning’s professional photos of her kids. Joyful, fun, talented.
- Kisses From Katie: Young woman’s journey serving orphans and other vulnerable people in Uganda. Well written by a humble Katie Davis. Truly moving and inspiring. The founder of Amazima Ministries.
- Steadfast Love Ethiopia: Friends of our family who are serving in Ethiopia. We are following and supporting their wonderful journey, from adopting an Ethiopian baby to moving (from California) to Ethiopia to serve God by serving others. Great videos and pictures. They will be working at a children’s home and helping micro-finance businesses for the men and women there. “The home’s purpose is to partner with the Ethiopian government by rescuing vulnerable and destitute children who have been orphaned and/or abandoned. Our hope is to eventually reintegrate them, if possible, back into the community with a family member, relative, or friend if there is a desire to care for them.”